Monday, July 30, 2012

Antique Folding Table

Monday, July 30, 2012
I client of mine asked me if I could refinish this old antique folding table she inherited.


It had been stained but had some runs on it and needed to be freshened up.  I suggested she try a wash on the top because the wood grain was so pretty.




This is what it looked like after one coat of a white wash.  It looks lovely, but my client originally wanted the top darker, so we decided to wash it with some dark stain to get a bit of a deeper tone.


This is the end result after several layers of washing with some black stain and vintage white chalk paint.  Overall it has a grey tone.


I call it the "beachy farmhouse look."  Yes, I just made up a word.



It's always fun to do something different.  I love the white washed look and am hoping to do more of this in the future.  And thankfully, my client liked it too!


2 comments:

  1. Hi, Jen!!!
    Somehow I was not your follower??? I am now!!!
    I loved the finish on this table!
    Claudine

    ReplyDelete

Jentiques © 2014