Wednesday, March 13, 2013

First attempt at Upholstery - Success!!!

Wednesday, March 13, 2013
As mentioned in one of my previous posts,  I've been putting off any "real" upholstery projects for several years now.  I'm not sure why I built it up to be so difficult but for whatever reasons, I had somehow unknowingly made myself scared of it.:)

BUT, I finally decided to tackle it and I'm happy to say I actually did it!!!


"I did it, I did it hooray!"

Sorry, that's what happens when you spend most of your days (or all of your days) with a toddler.



Now, I do need to give big props to the internet for helping me out yet again.  If it wasn't for the internet and good ol Pinterest, I probably would have messed this one up royally on my own. lol  

for posting such a great tutorial.  It was incredibly helpful to me.

This post is beginning to sound like a speech?....haha.  


I chose to use this lovely alphabet script fabric as I had already used it to make some throw cushions in my front room and was hoping if all went well, this would be a keeper!


And it is!


I'm already looking forward to my next upholstery project!  But, it might not be right away as my next projects are redoing both of my daughter's bedrooms.  Both are graduating into bigger beds.  So, I'll be selling off a few of my custom pieces, including a gorgeous black antique sideboard dresser, matching change table and a beautiful spindle black crib.  If you are in the market for any of these pieces, let me know:)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Jentiques © 2014