PAINTING UPHOLSTERY SUCCESS!!!!
Okay, I must get better at organizing my time for these posts! I've been working on a little project for a friend today. A custom monogram piece for her office space, which we painted last week.
Hopefully, she'll let me post some pics of her office makeover as soon as it's all complete.
Today, I'm sharing with you my first successful painting upholstery project!
When I say my first successful, that means, I have attempted this once before and it did not go so well:( But, that's a long story, which I don't have time for as I have to go pick up Brownie cookies for my daughter, cat food and various other errands to run this evening:)
Anywho, back to my post. This is the before picture of this gorgeous chair my girlfriend purchased a few months ago. But, shortly after purchasing it, she decided it was not the right color for her home.
So she asked me to paint it. I was of course hesitant as my first project did not go well, but I was fairly confident that the issues I had previously were all due to the type of fabric, so I took a deep breath and hoped to heaven that I didn't mess this one up!
This is an in progress picture. There are some more detailed tutorials on line if you are interested in trying this.
Basically, I used ASCP Pure white, watered down and just brushed it on thin and evenly. I waited for it to dry in between coats.
You can lightly sand it if needed.
This is what it looked like after the first coat. It actually looked better in person:)
And this is the finished product. Once the paint dried, I distressed it and sealed it with several coats of clear wax.
I chose not to leave the fabric stark white and distressed it so you could see the grain slightly. I felt this would be more forgiving for the owners, whom owned a not even one year old baby boy and 2 dogs:) This is not the best picture for detail and the true color but you can get the general idea.