Tuesday, July 22, 2014

White and Walnut Desk / Vanity

Tuesday, July 22, 2014
FOR SALE




I've had this beautiful antique vanity or desk in my garage for quite a few months and started working on it, but then stopped.  I could not decide for the life of me what color I wanted to paint it!  Sometimes I get so stuck with my vision.  That's when a break is a good thing. 



It's hard to see in these pictures, but the desk had been stripped and the wood was so beautiful that I could not bring myself to paint it:)  

I contemplated different color combinations but finally this one sung to me. 




A walnut stain was used for the top and the drawers, and left over latex paint for the body from some bookshelves I just painted.

I finished the piece with a couple coats of wax.  I used minwax on the top and drawers for the first coat, which created a slight whitening which gives the top an almost faint white wash look, that ties in the two colors nicely.



It measures 18"d x 30"h x 42" w.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jentiques © 2014