Saturday, July 26, 2014

Grateful

Saturday, July 26, 2014
Picture via Pinterest

Well not just today, but it's a beautiful sunny Saturday and I'm feeling like I want to share my feelings of gratitude with you!

I slept in this morning.  Well, if you want to call 8am sleeping in.  Waking up to a bossy 4 year old who wants to watch TV downstairs, who is basically yelling at you to get out of bed, and their father is not good enough. lol.  And you have a wee bit of a headache post some wine that you shared with one your besties the evening before.  8am is sleeping in compared to my regular 5am wake ups that I've been doing for the last few months so I can fit my workout in before the household is up and at em.


And then I received a surprise text from my mother.  My mom, who said she would never get an iphone. Who had a flip phone until a month ago.  Who barely knew how to work that. (sorry mom, I know you read my posts. lol) Who is now texting me!  Texting me to see if I want to go to a garage sale with her.

I spent a dollar and came home with these.


A little bit of my dutch heritage:)

Yep, that's a good Saturday morning.



This week, this beautiful sofa table found a new home. 


And so did my old school teachers desk.


It's always great to sell my furniture obviously.  But, it's not just for the moola:)

Being a stay at home mom is my full time job and an important job.  But, let's be real, it's not always the most rewarding job.


Picture via Pinterest

Having an outlet for me is so important.  And painting furniture, decorating and making things is pretty fun and awesome.

It's even better though when someone else actually likes it! 

Having a little validation that I am good at something is an amazing feeling.  It can make the most unrewarding difficult days of raising little beings into good days. 

Not not all my days are unrewarding, BTW.

And I wouldn't change this path.  

I love these pictures my soon to be 9 year old has been leaving me randomly this week on my desk.




So this week when I sold 2 pieces of my work, it was not only great cause I could buy some shoes, but it was great cause I met some lovely people, and these lovely people like my stuff!

I definitely miss the social aspect of working out of the house.  And the moments I get to interact with people and share my work are moments I'm extremely grateful for.

So thank you to all those who follow me and like me "stuff."

:)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Jentiques © 2014