Thursday, December 1, 2011

Before and Afters

Thursday, December 1, 2011
Okay, so due to my negligence in regards to my posting, here are some before and afters that I have completed over the last few months!

I'll start with one of my simple but favorite projects:)  I picked up these antlers at the Cloverdale antique mall. I can't remember how much I paid for them exactly but it was reasonable.  I had antlers on the brain when I went there and was so excited when I found them.  I know, it's weird but I sometimes feel it's fate when I come across the item I am thinking of when I am on my thrifting adventures.


Before




















As you can see, they were not that attractive when I purchased them, but I unscrewed the antlers, removed the lovely red and green felt, a little white spray paint, and now it is the perfect necklace holder!  Is that what you call them????


After


This is a coffee table (and side table missing from pic) are two pieces I picked up on criagslist.  Another fairly addictive site.  I got the side table and coffee table for $100.  A bit pricey for my liking, but I was looking for a round table for my large awkward front room and I don't often come by them so I was willing to splurge.  I sanded them down, painted them out white, distressed and sealed with minwax.  Two of my favorite pieces in my house, I have no regrets with this decision.


Before



















After



























It is also the perfect height when sitting on the floor for a family game of UNO!


And here's my last pic for the day, a set of old windows I picked up at one of my favorite little spots.


Before

I painted them out black, got my husband to hang them in the turret in our office. (Yes, I said turret, we like to call our house the "castle house", as we have quite a large turret on the front of our house.)  I love the lead pattern in them, and it actually goes with some of the vintage-type doors we have in our house.

After




















I've got more, but will post those another day!

xo

1 comment:

  1. Great job Jen, amazing work. You make me want to go shopping and find some treasures.....Deb

    ReplyDelete

Jentiques © 2014