Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Updated Farmhouse Cabinet to French Farmhouse

Tuesday, July 17, 2012
SOLD

"I did it, I did it!"  (As my two year old shouts daily to me.) Image transfer onto wood!





A few weeks back I tackled the process of transferring images onto fabric and loved the results. So, naturally, the next step was to proceed with trying it on some furniture!

I refinished this piece a short while ago but it hadn't sold yet and it looked like it could use a little somethin somethin, so it became the "chosen one."

I updated this simple farmhouse cabinet with a few more coats of white, distressed it, added an image to the top using the citra solv transfer method and sealed it with a clear wax for protection.


The inside was freshened up with a light blue wash.


I will admit, it was a bit simple and boring before...


But now it's ooh la la!



This piece is solid and and great for storage.  Laundry room, front entrance, living room, kitchen or dining room server, outside patio server...Do you have a place for it in your home? :)

Measures 19"d x 37 1/4"w x 31 1/4" h.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Jentiques © 2014